Lemongrass is such a beautiful plant, full of surprising skincare benefits. The Lemongrass herb is packed with vitamin A and C. It also has astringent properties which helps to minimise your pores as well as keep your oil levels balanced. Lemongrass Oil has good fungicidal properties and is used to remedy fungal infections.
- Vitamin-rich: Lemongrass essential oil is a source of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and vitamin C. It also provides essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and iron. Yes, all of these are jam packed into this beautiful oil and help support beautiful skin.
- Antibacterial: Lemongrass is well-known as both an anti-microbial and anti-bacterial herb. This means it will help limit bacterial or microbial growth on your skin, warding off skin infections caused by bacterial infections, like folliculitis and cellulitis.
- Fungicidal: Lemongrass Oil has good fungicidal properties and may be used to remedy fungal infections, like athlete’s foot.
- Astringent:As an effective astringent, Lemongrass helps to minimize pores, limit the secretions of oil (great for those of us with oily skin), and tighten skin.
- Anti-inflammatory: According to a 2005 study, Lemongrass Oil is one of the top six essential oils with anti-inflammatory properties, helping to reduce the pain and inflammation that can sometimes lead to chronic disease.